Course Completion Requirements: To receive contact hours for this CE activity, participants with need to meet the following criteria;
- Registration / Login to participate in the activity along with payment
- Read the course material with full participation in the activity. Full participation is defined as; missing no more than ten minutes/hour of the activity
- Successfully complete a post-test scoring 70% or greater
- Completion of a course evaluation survey following the post-test
- Receive of a certificate of completion
Contact Hours: Participants may only claim credit commensurate with the credit awarded for completion of this activity. No partial credit shall be awarded.
Accreditation Statement: MedCEC™ is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Florida Board of Nursing, Provider #50-23381.
Policy Statement: MedCEC™ utilizes the principles of high-quality educational design in each continuing educational activity and all educational materials are based on evidence-based practice, or best available evidence. It is the policy of MedCEC™ to ensure objectivity and transparency in all continuing educational activities, with independence from influence by commercial interests. All activities are planned and implemented in accordance with the policies and requirements of the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- The author(s) declare that they have no competing / conflict of interests.
- All members of the MedCEC™ Nurse Planning Committee declare that they have no competing / conflict of interests.
- MedCEC™ has not endorsed any product, nor received any commercial support or sponsorship for this activity.
Copyright and License Information (MedCEC developed course materials): MedCEC™ developed continuing educational activities are protected under certain intellectual property rights and copyright laws of the United States. Content may not be copied or reproduced, in whole or in part, without express written consent from MedCEC™. (For open access course materials see the CC BY copyright and license information below).
Copyright and License Information (Creative Commons CC BY course materials): Continuing educational activities which utilize open access articles as course materials are distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/) and indicate if changes were made.
- Changes to Open Access Articles: Unless specified in the course information provided at the beginning of each course, no changes are made to open access articles. In some cases any reference to a particular commercial brand may be removed and replaced with generic equivalents provided such removal and replacement does not effect the context in which it is utilized.
- Funding: Unless specified in the course information provided at the beginning of each course, no external funding has been received.
- Author Contributions: If provided by the author(s), information regarding specific author contributions such as conception, literature review, writing, citing or editing of a particular work is described in the course information at the beginning of each course.
Indemnification: The information contained in this continuing educational activity is general in nature and is not meant as a substitute for professional medical care in a specific situation. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless MedCEC™, its affiliates, their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all losses, damages and expenses including reasonable attorney's fees, claims, injuries, death, or actions of any kind occurring from any third-party claim relating to your use of activity materials.